|
|

|
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG.
This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. |
|
|
![]() ![]() |
| ctc911ctc |
Oct 9 2026, 12:32 PM
Post
#1
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,386 Joined: 9-June 18 From: boston Member No.: 22,206 Region Association: North East States
|
914 2.0 '74 all stock
All, Prior to my learning that everyone here existed - I have had a succession of 914s, I have 2 right now and I would like to revisit a welding job done in the distance past. My son and I acquired the car in 2015, pulled from a garage in RI, we were able to get it re-built together and he welded braces on the longs - we did not know about Restoration Design and all of you. We designed some CAD drawings and had parts fabricated and then he welded them with the assistance of a friend. I would like to retain one of you or perhaps someone that you could recommend in the NewEngland area to: Cut and replace the proper metal on the Hell-Hole area as well as Longs. Any ideas or interested parties? |
| friethmiller |
Oct 9 2026, 12:55 PM
Post
#2
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 1,561 Joined: 10-February 19 From: Austin, TX Member No.: 22,863 Region Association: Southwest Region
|
Cut and replace the proper metal on the Hell-Hole area as well as Longs. @ctc911ctc , It sounds like you've got [some] things fabricated. Do you just need help welding? I wish my job was flying around the country helping people weld-up there rusted 914s. Unfortunately, I have a family, job, and two needy 914s of my own (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) |
| 914werke |
Oct 9 2026, 01:54 PM
Post
#3
|
|
"I got blisters on me fingers" ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 11,764 Joined: 22-March 03 From: USofA Member No.: 453 Region Association: Pacific Northwest
|
|
| 76-914 |
Oct 9 2026, 06:44 PM
Post
#4
|
|
Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 13,979 Joined: 23-January 09 From: Temecula, CA Member No.: 9,964 Region Association: Southern California
|
How about Chris Foley?
|
| Superhawk996 |
Oct 9 2026, 08:55 PM
Post
#5
|
|
914 Guru ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 8,125 Joined: 25-August 18 From: Woods of N. Idaho Member No.: 22,428 Region Association: Galt's Gulch
|
Cut and replace the proper metal on the Hell-Hole area as well as Longs. @ctc911ctc , It sounds like you've got [some] things fabricated. Do you just need help welding? I wish my job was flying around the country helping people weld-up there rusted 914s. Unfortunately, I have a family, job, and two needy 914s of my own (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) $20k/month, I’ll bring a tent and tools. Will camp in your yard and annoy your neighbors from sun up to sundown with sawing, grinding, and merciless pounding with my best Burt Monroe imitation. Do lemon trees grow in Mass? Rate can be negotiated to 1/2 in the summer if I’m not snow camping. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Agree with 914werke - need photos to even have a clue what’s the ask but I’m sure you’ve got some good metal work guys including Chris on the east coast. What about Mark Epstein’s shop - do they handle metal work? Related: www.914world.com/bbs2/lofiversion/index.php?t356222.html |
| mepstein |
Oct 10 2026, 07:26 AM
Post
#6
|
|
914-6 GT in waiting ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 20,927 Joined: 19-September 09 From: Landenberg, PA/Wilmington, DE Member No.: 10,825 Region Association: MidAtlantic Region
|
Yes, we are up and running with the metal work. We can pull crash damaged cars back to straight and repair, replace and modify a chassis. I have a very experienced metal guy who knows what he's doing and we do have both 911 and 914 chassis fixtures.
The caveat, There's no way to do it cheap. Our shop is not an instagram showpiece. It's a working shop in a reasonably priced location. That said, it cost a lot of $$ to keep the lights on, the welding gas full, the employees satisfied and the tax man paid. Our rates are very fair in the Porsche restoration world but still a commitment. I would love to help a 914 owner with their car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) The car below was crash damaged and a bit rusty. It's getting turned into an RSR ish hot rod with a bunch of mods and updates. It and the chassis next to it were chemically dipped before they went on the bench. Attached image(s)
|
| Shivers |
Oct 10 2026, 07:44 AM
Post
#7
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Members Posts: 3,647 Joined: 19-October 20 From: La Quinta, CA Member No.: 24,781 Region Association: Southern California |
Yes, we are up and running with the metal work. We can pull crash damaged cars back to straight and repair, replace and modify a chassis. I have a very experienced metal guy who knows what he's doing and we do have both 911 and 914 chassis fixtures. The caveat, There's no way to do it cheap. Our shop is not an instagram showpiece. It's a working shop in a reasonably priced location. That said, it cost a lot of $$ to keep the lights on, the welding gas full, the employees satisfied and the tax man paid. Our rates are very fair in the Porsche restoration world but still a commitment. I would love to help a 914 owner with their car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) The car below was crash damaged and a bit rusty. It's getting turned into an RSR ish hot rod with a bunch of mods and updates. It and the chassis next to it were chemically dipped before they went on the bench. That's great Mark, didn't know you were that far along. Congrats (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) |
![]() ![]() |
|
Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 10th October 2026 - 10:56 AM |
| All rights reserved 914World.com © since 2002 |
|
914World.com is the fastest growing online 914 community! We have it all, classifieds, events, forums, vendors, parts, autocross, racing, technical articles, events calendar, newsletter, restoration, gallery, archives, history and more for your Porsche 914 ... |